I am 30 wks pregnant this week, that means only 10 wks to go!! It seems so close and so far at the same time. I had a doctor appointment today and found out that my glucose test came back normal (whew!) so no diabetes for me! My belly is also measuring 28 in which is right on track. They're keeping my due date at 10/11/11 (my father-in-law is hoping I have him on 10/19/11 b/c that's his 50th birthday). I have to take an iron pill now. The doctor says if your iron is below 10 they like you to supplement. Mine was 9.8 (of course). The reason for the supplement is b/c they expect a certain amount of blood loss with delivery and the higher your iron, the less likely you are to need a transfusion. I'll gladly take that pill over a transfusion any day! I'm also taking a vitamin D supplement and now we've added heartburn meds to the mix. This little boy is causing his Momma some serious heartburn/acid relfux!
I just got back from El Paso and telling my hubby "see you later" for his deployment to Iraq. I'm really glad that I got to fly down there to see him off and help tie up the lose ends w/ the apartment/bills. It was a draining trip (emotionally/physically/mentally). They flew from El Paso to Maine to Germany to their temporary destination before they go on to Iraq. That's really all I'm allowed to say right now b/c of OPSEC (the military's rules on security). I can tell you that they made it to their temporary destination OK and are getting acclimated to the weather. Justin told me it's 142 degrees and you don't really sweat b/c as soon as you do it evaporates off your body. Another girl's hubby said it's like holding a blow dryer in front of your face non-stop. I will no longer complain about the heat in Indiana! Especially b/c the guys are in ACU's along w/ full battle gear (boots, vest, helmet, backpacks, etc...about 75+ extra lbs). I am very proud of my husband and all of his battle buddies for the jobs they are doing! I know he will be gone 12 mos and as of right now he won't be back for the birth, but I'm hoping he'll get to come home after December.
Please keep my husband and all of the soldiers in your prayers for their safe return to the US and the ability to carry out the mission and help the Iraqi people!
No comments:
Post a Comment