I was not raised in the church, or in a religious household. I don't know much about the bible, but I know my relationship with God and I know that I pray. I do not have a favorite bible verse, but I have a favorite prayer. This prayer saved my Mom's life a year ago.
The Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
And the extended version:
God, grant us the...
Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.
No comments:
Post a Comment