I celebrated my first Mother's Day this year (last year I was 4 mos pregnant on Mother's Day). I didn't ask for much, just a day with my boys. Justin made me pancakes for breakfast and got me a hilarious card and then the boy and I took a nap while he went to get a haircut. When he came back home the 3 of us walked to the park for Coop's first time on the swings and slides and then came back home to take another nap while Justin went to the store to get stuff for dinner (which he made also). It was a very nice, relaxing day!
 |
| Daddy pushing the boy! |
 |
| Mommy and the boy! |
 |
| I LOVE this picture! |
 |
| First time on the slide! |
 |
| Shirtless nap time! |
The park was pretty fun, but of course was a short trip b/c it was so hot outside and the boy is so little. His little face was so rosey even though he was slathered with SPF 50.
My mom came for a visit 3 days later and stayed a week (the 16th-22nd). It was so awesome having her here! She originally planned to come for Memorial Day weekend, but came this past weekend instead so that Justin and I could go a military ball and have our first date in almost a year! We also got to sneak in a motorcycle ride, dinner and a trip to the mountains for the eclipse. We did our usual, Starbucks in the morning followed by running around the city/shopping and some home improvement projects. I'll have to post pictures tomorrow when I have time to upload them (and tell more about her visit).
This weekend coming up is a 4 day weekend b/c it's a holiday and it just so happens to be our anniversary on Saturday!! This will be the first time in 3 years that we've celebrated an anniversary together (the first one he was in Korea, the 2nd one he was in El Paso preparing for deployment and I was in IN)! We just might get to celebrate every holiday/anniversary/birthday in a year, we've never been able to do that before!
Anyways, it's late and I'll post more tomorrow (with pictures)!
No comments:
Post a Comment