December 23, 2010
Day 24- Something You've Learned
This is a hard post to write because it's still so fresh for Justin and I. I recently learned that if you do the right things and pray, sometimes things just don't turn out the way you hoped. Back on November 20 I found out that I was pregnant. I was 4 wks along. On December 11th I started spotting while at work so I called Justin and told him about it and he called the Dr and did some research online and told me spotting was completely normal between 4-8 wks. I felt better after that so I just assumed everything was fine. On the following Monday, December 13, the spotting became heavier and I got scared so I left work early and went to the ER. They drew blood, did an ultrasound and an exam. The Dr said it looked like I had an abnormal sac but wanted me to come back for more tests. On Tuesday I started spotting more and cramping so I went back to the Dr on Wednesday, December 15, and had the same round of tests done again. The new Dr informed Justin and I that what the ER Dr found was an nonviable pregnancy and an abnormal sac. There was no yolk sac. The yolk sac is what provides the nourishment to the embryo. It turns out that I was pregnant and there was a conception, but after that nothing had grown. I was having a miscarriage. Justin and I were very upset and felt like someone had just punched us in the gut and knocked the wind out of us. It's such a hard thing to go through. It's amazing how attached you are at only 7 wks. In the beginning of the post I said the lesson I learned "was if you do the right things and pray, sometimes things just don't turn out the way you hoped". I had stopped drinking caffeine, was getting plenty of rest, taking prenatal vitamins and doing everything I was supposed to. Unfortunately there was something genetically wrong with our baby and it could not survive. We can try again in 1-3 months, although it make take us a little longer than that to let our hearts heal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment