So I forgot to blog yesterday, but I'm making it up for it today. Day 4 of the 30 Day Challenge is about your parents. My parents got divorced when I was about 4 or 5 years old. I don't really remember their divorce, but I remember they remained friends and always got along great when I was growing up. I never felt like I had to choose between one or the other. My Dad remarried when I was probably 8 or 9. He married a woman who's name is Laura and she already had a son that was 6 years younger than me. They also had my sister together, we are 11 years apart. My Dad is so funny, but that corny funny. I used to be like, "Oh Dad..." but now I think his jokes are great! Probably because he reminds me of my Grandpa who I lost about 5 or 6 years ago. My Dad and his 2nd wife got divorced when my sister was probably 2 years old. I don't remember exactly because I was young. He then moved to northwest Indiana and met his 3rd wife. They live in Illinois outside of Chicago. My Dad is very easy to talk to, but growing up he was the disciplinarian and I was always scared of him. Now that I'm older we're great friends and we text each other back and forth all the time!
My Mom has never officially remarried, but she had a couple of serious relationships throughout the last 24 years. My Mom is my best friend in the whole entire world and she's an amazing woman! She's always worked her ass off. She worked a full time job while she went back to school to get a job she would enjoy better. My Mom is a nail technician, that's right, she does nails for a living! My Mom and I usually see each other every day, but since I live in Texas now, we talk on the phone about every day, if not, every other. My Mom was very strict when I was growing up and I was the queen of getting grounded. I had a list of "chores" I had to do when I got home from school to help around the house and right after that was done I had to do my homework. After the housework and homework were done, THEN I could go do things with my friends. This rule was mainly in place in elementary and middle school because once I got to high school I had a job that I went to after school. I used to hate those chores and the homework first rule, but now that Justin and I are starting a family, I think we'll be implementing those same rules with our kids!
My parents are amazing and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment